Thursday, June 17, 2010

Taiwanese Pineapple Cake

(Also from February.)
From cousin D. Thanks! No outer box, just a few of these squares. The brand name must be in the outer box too. Whatever text on here is just for good fortune and doesn't seem to be the brand name. It's in traditional Chinese so I'd say it's a Taiwanese product.

Aaah, the usual Taiwanese (?) pineapple cake. Crust and filling. However, it's harder than a rock! The crust is OK, but there's no way I can bite through the fillings! There are pine nuts and supposed to be good stuff. Without the outer box, the expiry date is unknown. He told me to put it into the freezer. That, may be why it became so hard.

p.s.
That first one was left to thaw at room temperature. I couldn't eat it and it ended up in the trash.
A few days later, the second time was different. After microwaving the heck out of it, the filling softened up enough and I was able to eat it. It wasn't too bad. But I still think it's too hard.

No comments: