Friday, October 07, 2011

Dropoff

Dropped off 3 large cans of cookies to the nursing home staff for Thanksgiving. One for each shift.

When we got there, dad was napping in bed, half-naked. Somehow most of dad's clothes were in the drawers instead of the closet. I don't think that's a problem, but mom started to put them into the closet, and discovered there weren't enough hangers. Nothing can be done, so the clothes went back into the drawers. I still think that's not a problem. Why did mom think it was such a big deal??? Sigh...

I noticed dad's room now has a hanging lamp instead of a table lamp. Probably to keep him from dismantling it. I thought he's not allowed to have any lamp. So this is good. But he must have been messing around with the walker grand-aunt Y lend him. One of the release button is damaged... bended upward and no longer work. Sigh... (T_T)

Dad was coughing up phlegm and spitting it out into his hand. There is no toilet paper because he keeps flushing them down the toilet. (When he was at home, he consumed a roll in each washroom each day, which added up to 2 rolls a day.) Can't blame the staff, but it wouldn't work out because dad would just spit onto the floor or furniture or wipe with his clothes. I asked for a roll and got one. Not sure how long that roll would last. Sigh...

Thank God for the sun. I needed it for the replacement shots. (Which still didn't work out for the 2 stubborn pairs of problematic earrings.) Gorgeous sunset. Spent the night processing images but far from getting done. Very far...

Have been feeling unwell in the stomach for the past 2 days. Was it that leftover soup heavy with cooking rice wine from the Taiwanese place? But I only mixed a few spoonful into my congee! Actually it was more than stomach. It was higher. I fear my heart might not be doing well. After all, it was bruised back then. Not sure how much longer it can last.

No comments: