Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another bad dream

(Photos are borrowed... OK, stolen, from the web. )
Had a bad dream when I dosed off at the desk.

Can't remember all the details.

There were 2 main scenes. I was in a huge indoor gym with hardwood floor completed with a stage not unlike the one in my high school, and half of it was a huge swimming pool. Somehow I had a bet with someone, and must dive from the tallest tower. I climbed up the Eiffel-Tower-like metal structure, and stood at the tip of the platform. When I was getting ready to jump, I looked down, and saw that the height was like 4 or 5 story. Yes I'm afraid of height. My knees went weak, but I still couldn't stop staring down. I kind of knew it was a dream and wanted to jump, but my body refused to. After a while my knees got so weak I had to sit down. People started gathering behind me waiting to jump. So I finally gave up and declared my defeat. Then I slowly climb down the tower.

The journey down was surreal. The number of "floors" and their size increased. Many were occupied by small vendors like night market booths, even with lighting hooking cleverly onto the metal structure. I paused at a booth that sold... was it small figurine key-chains, or beads? Or both? Looked at some stuff for a bit, then someone I've been trying avoid showed up. Turn out that person is the owner of the booth. Crap. I continued with my way down. When I reached ground level, I talked to a young boy at pool side, but can't remember what the conversation was about.

The second part of the dream was about driving my dad to his aneurysm surgery. Of course mom was in the car too. Somehow we were in some small streets near the Homantin railway area. Streets were narrow and meandering. I needed to make a U turn, and "borrowed" the driveway of a garage. When I tried to get out of there, I got stuck, touching the wall on the left. Another car tried to pass through the gate at the same time and nudged my right. Here the dream became surreal again, and the nudge turn into a big hit. I got out and inspected. Looked like my car was T-boned.

Height and car accident. Both are my fears. Why would they show up together?

No comments: