Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ophthalmologist

Had my ophthalmologist appointment today. He did a bunch of exams, but I didn't get to ask any questions. Didn't seem like my medical history was sent to him. So I told him about my accident, missing chunks of visual field afterward, and how I've been going to St. Paul's for Goldman test for several years but slacked off. He then said he'd set up the test for me, and left the room. I thought he'd come back in a bit, but instead the receptionist came and told me to wait at the front desk. Another appointment was set up for the test.

If I knew he wouldn't come back, I would have asked more questions. 9 AM was too early for my brain to function, so I missed a lot of symptoms that I should have told him, like how I don't see well straight ahead and tend to tilt my head. How images look blotchy. How the 10 cm straight in front seems to "have something". How solid lines look broken. Well... I've gotten so used to all these, I tend to forget. Bad... bad.

At least I heard him mumbled "good" after he tested me for glaucoma.

No comments: