Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Post op

Mom didn't wait for me to get up and went to the hospital alone. Phone calls were poring in from friends and relatives. I ended up arriving at the hospital around 4, but it worked out fine because the free street parking I managed to find has a 2-hour limit (no limit after 6).

Dad dressed himself in street clothes first thing in the morning and kept saying he's going home. One of the nurses was going to let him leave. (NOOOOO!!!!) Turn out he thought the semi-private room he was transferred to cost money. I explained to the nurse and she understood. Dad had a slight fever anyway and I didn't think they can release him like that.

To my surprise, dad lost his appetite! At home he eats like he's gonna empty the fridge! It must be the anesthetic.

Mom's church friend came visit and told us we can get home support from social workers. I put in a request but they've gone home already. Oh well, tomorrow.

The vampire showed up. Well I'm glad it wasn't yesterday or tomorrow.

No comments: