Thursday, January 21, 2010

Park Royal fail

(Picture was taken at Richmond Center last summer and is unrelated to subject.)
No work tomorrow. I'm all burnt out anyway. But this also means, no car tuneup. Crap! Dentist appointment is coming up too! (T_T)

Wanted to stop by London Drugs to see the actual storage boxes that are on sale. 8 for $10. Should be about shoe boxes size. The closest one's on Lonsdale, but there was a police incidence and traffic jam. So I went to Park Royal. My eyes were pretty much gone from working on miniatures all day. Missed the usual exit, for I go there less than 10 times a year. Worked out fine because highway 1 exits directly into Taylor Way. Stopped by the dollar store, then (of course) Michael's. However, going from the south mall to the London Drugs in the north mall was a problem. Ended up in nowhere-land before I could u-turn. Finally arrived at the parkade outside the big "London Drugs" sign. But there was no entrance! The store no longer exist? Couldn't be, because the shopping cart station was clearly marked "London Drugs". Asked a passer-by, and found out I have to go around and through the mall entrance. There is no direct street entrance. (Fail!!!!) OK, went in there, it was 8:58 and most stores are closed.... London Drugs' gates were down and they were only letting people out! They close with the mall! All other branches I know of closes at 10!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Fine. I'd go back to Lonsdale. But I couldn't trace the way I came because the entrance is one-way! Found a way out midway, but thanks to the island in the meridian, I couldn't go east! Fine, I'll go into the south mall... but again, no u-turn! I ended up going into the soccer field and forced a u-turn in their parking lot. Sigh... Finally, I made it to Marine Drive.

By the time I arrived at the Lonsdale branch, it was around 9: 25. Looked at a few sale items, but didn't buy the storage boxes. There were only 4 left. Kind of weak anyway. Oh well. At least I got to stock up on some other stuff.

As usual, ate a late dinner and felt asleep at the desk. Won't be able to sleep tonight again. (T_T)

No comments: