Sunday, September 19, 2010

Flood

(Picture was taken on the 2nd and is unrelated to subject.)
Failed to go to bed early again. Last time I went downstairs to put stuff into the laundry basket was around 5:30.

Mom said the basement was flooded this morning. The rain's been pouring since last evening. Our drain in the garage has been clogged for some time too. We got a referral from our handyman for a guy (not sure if he's a real plumber) to take a look. He tried but couldn't completely unclog it. Still charged us $50 for trying. He said the ceramic pipe (?) is cracked and the water would seep out anyway. Fixing it involves digging up the ground the length of the house all the way to the street. Mom decided to wait.

So, this is what we've been afraid of. Flooding basement. The water seems to come from the door and went as far as mom's plants pass the freezer. Mom's been scooping the water out before I got up... Again, I ended up being no help... (T_T)

One of the two emergency rechargeable flash lights has gone missing. That's not cool, for it is something we need seriously. It's been plugged into a wall outlet in mom and dad's bedroom. Dad likes to "put it on the table", but we search and search and search, and still can't find it. First of all, you can't trust anything he tells you. He messes with my oatmeal by pouring soy milk in the pot too soon and denies it. The soy milk wouldn't pour itself unless it's poltergeist. Sigh... I fear he had dismantled the flashlight like he did to the remote control, phone, vacuum cleaner, and the ultrasound rat deterrent.

Update: found the flashlight. It was plugged into the wall outlet. Mom was pretty sure it wasn't there when she looked. Seems like dad's took it, and return it to the outlet when he knew he screwed up. In other words, trying to pretend he's done nothing wrong. Very cunning and irresponsible. It's times like this that makes me wonder if he's really got Alzheimer's. He's way too smart in destroying evidence.

I'm sick and tired of him being like this... (T_T) However, knowing what he's been through (loosing all of his life saving to my cousin's husband), it makes me a devil thinking I want to send him away, or running away myself. We're stuck in this never-ending cluster of stress and unhappiness and distress. I don't want to say it, but the truth is, there's no relief until he's gone, which could be a good 10 or more years. I feel like both my parents are holding me down and preventing me from moving ahead. Yes I'm a devil. (T_T)

No comments: