Friday, September 24, 2010

Traffic fail

Whenever I announce my estimate arrival time to S, I'd be late for at least an hour. Sucks!!!

Today, I needed to see P and J. To time my arrival at 5, I left the house at 4. That should give me more than enough time as it only tales 35 minutes. After dropping off mom, I headed towards the Second Narrows Bridge. On my way, I caught a traffic news broadcast of an accident on that bridge which almost stop traffic completely. Logically, I turn to Lion's Gate. Of course going through downtown is no fun. I'm still traumatized from last time. So I tried to go around it by getting on Pacific and then Beach. However, I missed a trun and ended up in Stanley Park! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! My heart sunk. I just can't win.

Luckily the car in front seemed to be having the same problem. I followed it and ended up back on Denman successfully. Thank God. Finally one good thing. But traffic was still very slow. By the time I sat down with P, it was 5:50. I had been driving for 1 hour 40 minutes. My hips were screwing up from having to keep a foot on the brake. Amazingly, S was till there! He was in crunch time for a project. I'm sure I have no credibility in his eyes anymore. Sigh... I left a box of treat on his desk with a note as a late b-day gift. Forgot to tell him when I saw him in person. but he was eating it. Didn't say thank you. Sigh...

At least P and J's work has progressed. K asked me to look at his too, so I spent some time with him. By the time I left, it was 8:30. Oh well, I never claim more than one hour per session even though I always stay longer. Tonight was worse because of an extra person. As a result, I couldn't get A's coffee beans. However, I could still stop by Walmart to see if they have any of those on-sale laundry detergent. Nooooo of course not. They always advertise but not keep enough in stock. But I managed to get some beading stuff... hopeless, am I not?

No comments: