Monday, September 13, 2010

Luck

What exactly is luck?

Thought I'd take advantage of the strong dollar and make some online purchases. Clicked the "back" arrow at the wrong time and screwed up one of the Paypal payments, which cost me a confirmation mail from Etsy. (I paid later but didn't get the "paid" mail.)
(-1)

Is it me bad at searching or is Etsy being too vast? It took the whole afternoon right up to dinner! Didn't get to go to Michael's.
(-1)

Went out after dinner to fill up because Monday nights are supposed to be cheapest. It was 8, and I thought, let's try the Burnaby Michael's. I would not buy those over-priced key-and-lock stuff unless I have a 50% off coupon, and this week I have a few. Not all branches carry that stuff. You don't know until you get there. This branch does. Cool.
(+1)

I even found a skull-and-bone punch that I've been eying for a while for Halloween. It's $5.99, the cheapest I've ever seen! Normal price I think it's $21. That was when I thought I was lucky.
(+1)

But it's been opened already. I fear it's a return, so I asked to test it before buying. And, as I suspected, it doesn't punch through. Crap. Oh well, this price is only good if the punch works. And it's not a must-have item anyway.
(-1)

As I tried out the punch, the cap of the last snap button on my jacket fell off when I used the edge of the counter for leverage. It's not repairable. (T_T) It's my favorite jacket!!!! (T_T)
(-1)

Went to LD across the street. Oh yes they have that really yummy pear chocolate. Must get one to ease the pain from the jacket.
(+1)

Went to Pricesmart right next door to see if there's anything good. Mom wants more veggie, I want chips (only if on sale). Nope, not on sale and too expensive. But I wasn't expecting anything, so this is neutral.
(0)

It was around 9:30. On my way back, I noticed the gas price hasn't dropped! 115.9 was the norm. Husky was 113.9, so I thought the PC closest to my home would be the same. Noooo, 114.9. Last night was 111.9. I'm totally caught off guard.
(-1)

OK I'd still go for it because I don't know if it's gonna rise higher tomorrow. But the pump didn't let me through and I had to talk to a cashier inside the 7-11. Turns out my card was rejected. It could be pulled too soon or something. So I tried again. But it made no difference. My card was still invalid. I wonder why. Has something funny happened when I made those online purchases? But I did use it at Michael's and LD and it was fine. Hmm... (T_T)
(-1)

Didn't do much today, but if I add up the events, the total came to -3. Should I define "luck" as having things go your way? Can I say my luck was bad today? Am I too negative to look at it like this?

No comments: