Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chair and dinner

Didn't sleep well, and totally screwed up today. I was already late to meet A, yet mom came to tell me (and went on and on) about cousin Y's uncle-in-law passed away. He was in his 90's and super healthy. 4 days ago his son drove him to mail a parcel. His knees buckled and fell, so straight to the hospital they went. Turn out his lungs were full of fluid. Aunt L who passed this news to mom said that it was lung cancer, but the way mom said it, made me doubt. Oh well. 4 days later he died in the hospital. Geeze... it was super fast! At least he didn't suffer, and didn't cause any trouble for anyone around him. It's really a blessing to be able to go swiftly. Look at my dad... sigh... (T_T)

Although it was quite late, I still managed to take A to get his on-clearance dream chair. I'm so glad it fitted into my car. Barely, though. Hope it works for him this time. He's been through numerous chairs and desk gadgets trying to fix ergonomic problems.

Then I must rush home to drive my folks and aunt Y to dinner. It's part 2 of dad's birthday. There will be part 3 because aunt L had a bunch of teeth extracted and can't eat solid food. She's in the middle of getting new dentures done. Aunt Y2 didn't seem too happy at the dinner tonight. Usually she's really cheerful and positive, but tonight she wasn't like that. Would it be because her friends from Calgary made her dine at the same restaurant yesterday? Although she said it didn't matter.

Came home and kept dosing off at my desk as I tried to write this. Why am I so tired?

No comments: