Friday, February 04, 2011

Ophthalmologist

Dad's ophthalmologist appointment today. Simple lasering of his left eye. Again, I didn't have enough sleep last night and have been grumpy. We arrived a few minutes late and the clinic was packed! There were 13 chairs and all full. Then there were 13 more people standing. It was pure chaos. It got so bad, the nurse had already sent 4-5 more people into a room to wait. So there were over 30 people crowded into that small office. In all cases, the patient comes with at least one companion. Sometimes the whole family, like us. One person turns into 3. Oh well.

The surgery itself only took a few minutes. On our way out, dad took the men's room key... but usually mom takes him into the lady's room. (For the stalls, and mom can aid him.) He... wet his pants big time. Luckily, mom brought along a spare pair of pants. But it took a while because he also wet the floor and his feet. I was waiting outside at the elevators and there were 2 men coming from the same eye clinic wanting to use the washroom. They couldn't because dad took the key. They were waiting for someone to come out. Sigh... (T_T)

It was around noon when we got home. So we picked up aunt Y and went to a neighbourhood Chinese restaurant. There was a baby boy with unbelievable haircut so I couldn't resist sneaking a picture. Mom went to get dad's eye drops. Somehow the deductible still hasn't been reached and we had to pay full price. Almost $30 for a tiny bottle of eye drop! Expensive!

Got home, continued working on some necklaces, and dosed off at the desk. Then A sent me an online chat. I supposed my sleep wasn't deep. Then I realized how I have disappeared. I haven't been online on chat, my phone's battery died and I only found out last night. And when it's in my handbag in the other room, I don't hear it ring. Oh well, since the furnace broke, I haven't been feeling that well anyway. It's my time off.

Traditionally yesterday was supposed to be vegetarian and today a feast. (We had leftovers from the day before.) So the whole family ate out. It's kind of rare to gather so many aunts and uncles. The food was good. Brother's gang came with us after dinner for a while. I felt asleep at the desk soon after they left. The just before midnight, I came back to life again and kept wasting many hours on Etsy.

No comments: