Monday, February 21, 2011

Nursing Home (2)

Got hit by one of those fake virus scan last night and had to go through a full scan that took 1.5 hour. Annoying! How do they do that? I was just looking for supermarket checkout counter pictures, clicked on a Google search result, actually went to a legit site with no problem. As the picture was loading, boom! "Your computer is infected"! Couldn't get out of that once the window showed up. Crap... Grrrr..... Luckily my virus scan picked it up right away and cleaned up. But I still didn't feel better until I did a full scan.

So, again, I think I only got 2 hour sleep. Yes yes yes, I must be subconsciously trying to kill myself. Dad's nursing home tour was at 10:30. I barely managed to complete it, more or less looking normal. (But I wasn't really there.) It took slightly over an hour. Came home, had lunch, and Dr. L's office phoned. He wanted to see dad. It must be something about the recent tests from Dr. F the urologist. So, the idea of taking a real nap after lunch went out the window. Ended up dosing off at the desk for about an hour. Sleep quality was poor as my posture was really bad. I was surprised that I was able to dream in that condition. I must be really tired. However, the dream wasn't nice. It was the "forecast" of what was going to happen next. So, in the dream, mom and aunt Y went to the car first while leaving dad at home. (Totally screwed up because he's the one who's seeing the doctor!) I was frantically trying to put together a Pinky for Pinky picture. But I've already disassembled and filed away the one from this morning, and needed to find the right parts. Of course, the more I tried, the more I screwed up. Couldn't do it and went into a panic. Then I woke up. Mom and dad was already all dressed. Aunt Y was staying home. And I was able to resurrect that Pinky. Phew...

The appointment was at 3. Again, dad was acting like he's all fine and doesn't have any Alzheimer's. Sigh... Turn out dad has a bladder infection. No wonder his pee stinks like hell. (OK just to be fair, he's already waaaaaaaaay better than before the surgery. A skunk smells better than his pee.) We only had about 30 minutes left on the parking. Mom still gave the pharmacy a try, and succeeded. Usually it takes an hour. I guess 3:30 is a slower time.

There was a few flakes of snow this morning. By the time we finished with the pharmacy, it was truly snowing. At places, the flakes were as big as a dime. Luckily noting stuck. The temperature is supposed to fall to -10 at night on Thursday. I was hoping to take my car in for a long overdue tune up, but now I don't want to. That garage doesn't have any heat. I'd freeze to death sitting there waiting!

Dad came home and wet his workshop chair again. He refused to go pee when mom reminded him. He kept saying he didn't need to, and of course later emptied everything while sitting on that chair. This now happens almost every day. (T_T) Caught him playing with his clothes again sitting on the commode in the middle of the night... Mom decided to sleep with lights on to aid dad getting onto the commode. How can any of them sleep well?

No comments: