Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy B-day

Brother's B-day. Instead of the usual Tuesday or Wednesday, we ate out today. And to an unusual place, Kamdo in Richmond. I haven't been there for... 10 years or so! They still have that set dinner with a glass of Champagne and their portion is still impossibly huge. However, more diluted than I remember. Especially the "Champagne". I was like cooler mixed with 7up and water. With so much food, I over ate. Afterward mom also bought some Chinese traditional style cakes as brother's b-day cake. (Their bakery doesn't have the usual "western style" cake.)

When it was my B-day last month, all I got was a lemon roll cake from aunt Y. No eating out. No fancy cake. Well, I'm not saying these Chinese style cake are better. I actually don't like them. But it's hard not to compare.

Mom came back from a long phone call in the kitchen, and complained that the halogen lamp in the living room had burnt out. It's strange because the bulb was replaced less than 3 months ago. It shouldn't burn out so soon. Even stranger, the other lamp, the TV and cable box all stopped working. Turns out dad had unplugged a bunch of outlets. Asked him why, he just ignore you. No answer, no reason, no explanations. Sigh... But the strangest thing was, dad has weak knees and doesn't like to bend down. How did he get to the power outlets????????? Don't tell me he pull the cables!

No comments: