Friday, April 30, 2010

TV

(Picture was taken last September and is unrelated to subject.)
Wanted to do a few things, but failed to even leave the house.

The tech guy from yesterday forgot his clipboard on the downstairs TV and came back for it.

The TV was working fine until around 4. Aunt C phoned and told mom to watch the Shanghai Expo opening ceremony. Mom was having trouble. Of course, we didn't subscribe to that channel. She watched something else.

Then a little later, the screen froze. I turn both the TV and the box off and on again, but this time the screen went black. Some English channels still worked, though. Program guide also didn't respond at all. So I went online to troubleshoot. Did what the site said by unplugging the power on the box. After it reset itself, it asked for a password. Noooooo!!!!!

It was about 5:30. Just when I tried to phone up Telus, mom decided to phone brother to report dad's progress (or the lack there of) on the wooden fishes. Luckily it didn't take long. However, there was a 20 minute lineup for the Telus help line! I'm so glad they offer a "call back" system, so I didn't have to sit there and do nothing for 20 minutes.

The tech guy called, and we tried a few passwords. One worked, others didn't. (Weird.) Got the upstairs TV working. Somehow the password for the downstairs one took longer. With the downstairs phone not working well, I had to run up and down literally. Then it happened. When I was downstairs entering a new password, dad hung up the upstairs phone.

Crap.

He has nothing to do, and goes around to "find things to do". Always manage to do the wrong things and screw us up. Like unplugging power outlets. Turning off the rice cooker when the rice is cooking. And now, hanging up my call.

I lost it. Yelled at him. As usual, he avoided eye contact, turn away, said nothing, and slowly walked away. I was really mad. Really really mad. But what can I do except yelling? He's not gonna get it. Although he finally said, I'll do nothing. But that was only to shut me up, and it was not what I want at all. I told him to ask before doing anything. He kept saying, I'll do nothing. No no no no no no he did not listen and he'll never get it. It's absolutely hopeless.

Luckily the last password I got worked. The downstairs TV was fixed. The ordeal took an hour. I certainly didn't want to go through the phone call lineup again. And the tech guy also didn't call back. It worked out OK at the end, but I feel very bad for not saying thanks for his help.

Sigh...

Dad worked on brother's sanding task for a bit. But he didn't sand onto the newspaper and got saw dust all over himself, the kitchen table, and floor. It's not like he didn't know he should lean forward so the saw dust fall onto the newspaper, he seemed to just get lazy and decided not to. Just like how he refuses to sit down to pee or use diapers, and ends up wetting himself and get pee onto the floor. It stinks. Who has to clean up? Not him. He devours everything, and not leave food for others. Why is he so inconsiderate? Lately he's developed a liking on taking off his clothes. Even right before the Handidart pickup, and ended up boarding the bus with bare chest showing. Can't expect any manner from him anymore. He's turning into an animal.

Why does god have to torture us like this?


Anyway, signing up on FB was a much bigger headache than I thought. Still haven't gotten everything to work. I'm still against FB. I know, I know. I'm paranoid. Nevertheless, finally got access to the class reunion info. Only to find out it's been postponed. Doesn't matter, though.

What have I done today? FB business, some mail including a Japanese one, cleaned up some stuff in my computer, fixed the TV, surfed a bit... and nothing else! Failed to go to North Van, or Burnaby, or check on A's place, or weight T's parcel!

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!! (T_T)

I was dressed after lunch, ready to go out. As I undressed after the TV ordeal, the feeling of failure and hopelessness was unbearable. Also, my left shoulder's been inside-out today. Unusually bad. It has been a windy day. (T_T)

No comments: