Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Geriatric

Dad's geriatric appointment today. Right after I got up, I caught dad standing up to pee, and at the door he fired snot onto the carpet, again. I think we must have been serious enemies in our past lives. We always clash. We always fight for the washroom. He never listens to me on sitting down to pee. He completely ignores me. And recently especially after he started the Alzheimer's drug, he almost always fight back and argue. To the peeing issue, he says he doesn't spill and doesn't wet himself, while he actually does, and also wet the floor! Even though we show him the puddle, he still insists he didn't wet anything!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRGHGGGHH!!#JGL:Asj':~!@!!@Q!!@#Wt !!!

And to the firing snot onto the carpet, he says his nose is dry and nothing comes out. Then why is he shooting at all? He kept repeating the same thing and gets mad! Who is he kidding! And he had the guts to get mad and argue with me!?!?!? AAAAARRRRGGGHHHdj@%@^%op80qw@$%^$9tu59i@$!#$!#^!!!@! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo sick and tire of stepping on his traps of pee puddles and sticky and slimy snot and spit!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost it. Of course. As usual I bang my hand on the table until it really hurt and bang the door really loud. He continued to be grumpy and angry and said it'll break! Yeah, I want to break something. If I can't break you, I have to break myself or furniture. How else can I deal with it? I'm reminded of this doomed black hole every single day. Is there any fun in life anymore? Is there any meaning in life anymore? Is there any hope in a "future" anymore?

Michael's has a never before seen 30% off entire purchase including sale items coupon till 1, but with my folks, there was no way I could go. (T_T) OK the Broadway branch was possible, but with them waiting in the car in this -5 degrees temperature, my shopping would not be enjoyable. Instead, I went to pick up the books at C's office. Totally did not expect her to get caught by her boss and couldn't come to the reception right away. Then of course we chatted a little. (Funny, in the past she accused me of talking too much, but in fact it's always been her.) It must have been at least 20 minutes. My folks ended up having to wait in the cold for me either way. Oh well... (T_T)

Then I suggested eating lunch in Chinatown so we could pick up dad's prescription. Not sure what's wrong with mom, but she was so hesitant, she didn't want to go. Geeeze... I was the driver so they had to come with me after all.

The drug store refused to give us the 6-month supply as prescripted. Instead, it's month-by-month. I think it's a scam, so they can charge us handling fee every time. SO EVIL!!!!!!!

That drug store also takes a long time. Mom went to drop off the prescription while dad and I got a table at the cafe. After we finished eating an hour later, mom went to pick up. It was still not ready! Parking was due so I had to circle for 15 minutes before she came back. Sigh... Mom likes that place because their handling fee is slightly cheaper. But wait-a-minute, if they keep doing this 1-month instead of 6-month's supply thing, they're actually charging 6 time more handling fee!

Last time mom made it a big deal when Price Smart had that sugar on sale. She seems to never ever actually take the calculator and check. She was going to buy a few small packs. Even at sale price, a large pack is still cheaper than the small one! Why didn't she go for the large pack while she was gonna buy multiple small ones anyway??????!!!!???!!!

Picked up some soy milk before we went home because it's gonna snow until tomorrow. Forecast is 10 cm snow. We might not be able to leave the house.

No comments: