Monday, February 13, 2012

Lost appointment

(Photo taken on the 11th and unrelated to subject.)
Didn't take sleeping pills. I didn't want to be groggy for the morning appointment. However... I ended up going to bed at 5:30. Couldn't sleep. Watched the sun rise. But I've got an appointment at GFS at 11 and had to get up at 9:30. The more I thought I must sleep, the more difficult to fall asleep. (T_T) I even got angry at myself. Didn't help of course. Then at 9, the center called. Turn out the doctor "is not in this week". I asked if he's sick, but the lady didn't know. I was actually very relieved. I wouldn't know what to tell him on why I failed again. So, a quick word with mom on no appointment today. She was also glad because she's decided not to go visit dad. So, I went right back to bed. My eyes felt dry and swollen. My back felt screwed up. Even got a slight headache. Still, the last time I checked the clock was 11:30. Then I do remember seeing the clock showing 2, then at 4 I finally got up. My back was super screwed up from lying down for 10 hours. But within this 10 hours, I actually got less than 5 hours sleep.

Immediately I felt the sore throat. Light-headed too. Not good... However, I wasn't too sick to go out. Just didn't want to risk passing any bugs onto A just in case. Mom's been having her sore throat for a few days. I could have gotten something from her. (And yet she still try to go see dad! Regardless of signs saying don't visit if you have any flu syndrome.) At the end, the dinner became a rain cheque... aiming at Wednesday.

Tomorrow will be eat-out day with brother's gang. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: