Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dad's b-day dinner

I was able to go to bed at 1:30 last night, which was early for me, but ideal. Wish I could do that more often. However, due to the lack of sleep from the previous nights, I got up at 1:30. Oh well. At least got some refill on sleep.

It was sunny and perfect for catching up with Pinky junk food pictures. Then a family friend M came to visit. She must have been lonely and wouldn't stop talking. We had to pretty much kick her out since tonight was dad's early b-day dinner. (i.e. eating out with a bunch of relatives.) On our way there, mom mentioned that uncle Y had an empty seat in his car. Boy oh boy, if she wanted to invite M to our dinner, why didn't she say so sooner? I can fit one more person in my car too! But actually, she might have done the right thing. The table wasn't big enough for the 11 of us anyway. It was a round table for 10 and we were already very cramped.

The TVs in the restaurant were showing Olympics. Wouldn't that slow down people's eating and thus lead to slower table turnover?


Today, one new daily screw-up for dad. He removed the newspaper on the floor around the toilet, then pee, and of course wet the floor. He then put the newspaper back to soak up the pee. But after he's done that, he threw the newspaper into the toilet! Mom couldn't stop him in time. Apparently 2 pages got flushed down the toilet. I sure hope it won't get clogged. (T_T)

6 comments:

joshua said...

hey I know its weird but I cant find an email to send you a message so I'll just leave it on here: I love your blog, It is like the most awsome blog i've ever read and your pictures are just amazing, also what are those figurines in the pictures can you email me sometime at unkonsious@hotmail.com thank you

MC said...

Thanks for the compliment, Joshua! I'm afraid my contact info is private, so I can't give you my e-mail. Sorry!

As to those figurines, they're a Japanese product called "Pinky Street". I love them very much. However, the local stores used to carry them are phasing them out. I'm forced to shop online.

Google the term "Pinky Street" and I'm sure you'll find plenty of online toy stores that carry them. I think E-bay and even Amazon also do. Good luck!

joshua said...

kk ty i will. and also i understand about the contact info, lol common sense is not my best attributeX3. but yea thank you for the help and i mean it when i say your blog is awsome.

joshua said...

thank you for the help. and i will definitly look the pinky street up asap, one question do they come with anime characters or do you have to make them yourself?

MC said...

No problem. Pinky Street is basically a standalone series with original design, but they do sometimes release manga and anime characters in their P-Character series. The more famous ones include Evangelion, Haruhi, Air Gear etc. There are also game characters.

A lot of fans customize store-bought Pinkys into their favorite characters. In that sense, Pinky Street becomes building blocks for new creations.

MC said...

... actually, this blog has become nothing but whining. Sorry for giving off negative energy.