Thursday, February 04, 2010

Sleep paralysis

Last night I was so tired, fell asleep in front of the computer shortly after dinner. Just for a little bit, though. When bedtime came, I wasn't really sleepy, but still quite tired. Dad got up to go to washroom again. It must have been 4 or 5? Them it came. Haven't had one for years. A loud high-pitch hum as usual, this time plus something like street noise. It was like being in the middle of a very noisy market. I panic as usual, and tried to move my toes. It worked, and I woke up. Turn around and tried to sleep again.

But the paralysis return. Not once, not twice, but four times. I even had trouble breathing. If only I could skip this noise and fall directly asleep. So I tried turning on the radio and kept it at low volume. It worked too! Yay! It's been a while since I had a full 7-hour sleep.

My back was so bad, it took a whole hour of stretching before I could get out of bed. Thank god it's chiropractor day today. Had a small walk after the treatment... The Olympic parking restriction has started. And since when did Cambie Street get fancy street signs? For about 2 to 3 blocks, there are even fancy garbage cans with handle. I'd rather not touch those handles. (Oops, forgot to take pictures.)

No comments: