Friday, October 29, 2010

80 cents

Yes, I was late. Left the house at 4. The gem store closes at 5. But it takes me 40 minutes to get to the north shore. Yes, I know time was super tight. I even changed my mind twice while I was on my way. But still ended up going.

The street paving on 41st got worse. I tried to avoid it but got lost in the side streets. Then the construction on Boundary caused a grid lock. At the end... I arrived at the shop at 5. Of course they were closed. (T_T)

Still able to hit the Michael's at Park Royal. Picked up a few more strands of beads. Exchanging yesterday's 2 strands with a defective bead was not a problem at all.

Hit Walmart too. Got a pack of diapers for dad. The craft section move was only half done, and of course no new shipment. Still got a pack of earring hooks that I need.

The dollar store yielded the most. 4 rolls of ribbons. 3 of them I can use for chokers.

Got home and recorded today's purchased. Then I found out, the clerk at Michael's charged me one of the bead strands that I was exchanging. That's $3.50. I was very upset. Then I found out the clerk at the dollar store didn't charge me for 2 rolls of ribbons. That's $2.80. Gain some here and loose some there. I know I shouldn't be so upset because it almost break even. It almost feels like God is trying to teach me a lesson. Yes, it's only 80 cents. It's noting to most people. To me too. But you can also look at it as 10% of my hourly paid. It turns into a matter of principle.

God, I always have tons of questions but let me start with this one. Is it fair to make me pay for somebody's mistake, and then someone else pay for mine? It doesn't add up.

No comments: