Monday, October 25, 2010

Scissors

Just another work day. Boss has been working on some clothed manikins hoping to take them on her trip, but it's unlikely that they can be finished on time. She's pretty frustrated and in a bad mood. I'd blame it partially on the weather because I'm feeling it too. Multiply bad mood by 2 and what do you get?

Last time I cut out fabric for the skirts and today sleeves needed to be cut from matching fabric, but they couldn't be found. Boss was rampaging as she searched up and down. She claimed she "never put stuff away" and I've "fold them up and put them in a bag". Of course not true. I didn't even clean up last time and left everything on the table. (She doesn't like me cleaning up. i.e. she doesn't like to pay me for cleanup time. So I usually only put away the tools and leave raw materials on the desk.) It's always me when something goes wrong, isn't it? Why am I always at fault? It's a painful reminder of how low she considers me.

After some more searching, she found the stuff in a box with other fabric she's been using. I hope she realized I'm innocent and she has wrongfully accused me.

As usual, she was very eager to send me out the door, telling me that it's 6, 10 minutes before the mark. Another indicator that she's in a bad mood. Plus, today she didn't eat any of the pastry I brought for lunch. Instead, she made herself a bagel with cream cheese. That didn't go well with her stomach either, and she ended up skipping the egg tart at the end of the day. Yup, I'd say, extremely stressed.

On my way out, I casually asked her the way to Walmart. Last time I got stuck in grid lock and couldn't make the correct turn. (Thanks to Capilano mall not being on Capilano.) She brought out a map and showed me, even went to Google map to print out the detailed parts that the map isn't showing too well. I guess it's these things that I haven't quit working for her.

Walmart doesn't have the earring hooks I need. On top of that and to my horror, the craft section was mostly sealed off by carts of junk and dismantled shelvings. Looked like it's been turn into a temporary dump. Although I managed to squeezed through those carts, still couldn't see a large part of the shelves. The blockage was complete. I asked a staff member who happened to be nearby. She said they are discontinuing the fabric, and the craft section will be moved. Good to know that it will still be around, but I kind of doubt if she's telling me the truth.

Hoping to get the erring hooks at Michael's but they don't have it either. The Orient Express line totally disappeared. Sigh... so I picked up some clearance items, too many, as if to fill the void. (Bad!!!!) Then 1 of 5 pairs of scallop scissors my boss needs (because 1 coupon per person per day). The cashier was the guy I talked to last time and he remembered me. We chatted for a little, and I said I'd hit the other branch after this to use another coupon. He was so nice, he let me use all 5! The catch is, I needed to pay for them separately, which is no problem. Thanks, you really made my day!!!

Got home, ate dinner, passed out at the desk, dealt with some Etsy feed backs and conversations on the wrong item, slightly searched for those earring hooks... and I couldn't believe I went to bed super late again despite exhaustion.

No comments: