Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Seat Walker

Dad's geriatric appointment today. The hospital forgot to call us for an appointment after his brain scan. I phoned after 5 weeks of silence and got today's appointment.

So, it's finally confirmed that he has Alzheimer's. As usual, he gave no response. No reaction. No nothing. Just sat there without saying a word. I wonder if he understands anything.

We had some ice-cream and buns with Vietnamese ham after we came home. As usual, dad continued to feast on more ham, apple, nuts and crackers. He would have ate everything in the house if mom didn't stop him.

It's also eat-out day with brother's gang. It was decided on cousin D's favorite restaurant. We picked up a few bags of rices before that. The large bags were on sale but none of us can lift it. So we were forced to buy the small bags. It is things like these that make you feel so powerless and hopeless.

Today is also the first time we tried to bring dad's seat walker along into the car. Nope it won't fit into the trunk. So it had to be put next to dad in the back seat. Since my whole back hasn't been well, it's super difficult to load and unload that thing.

The problem maximized when mom decided to go to Costco after dinner. Brother has a membership card. Usually he'd take his whole gang along. But today my nieces were very tired, so sis-in-law drove them home while brother came ride in my car. After a few trails, the seat walker had to be put into the front seat while 3 or them squeezed into the back.

I was in no condition to do any physical activities. After lifting that thing so many time, I think I completely lost my mind. I started cleaning up my room. BAD!

Now my floor is covered with stuff. It's gonna stay like that for who-know-how-many-days. I am in crunch time for the November craft fair and don't need this.

No comments: