Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Akihabara

Again, left the hostel kind of late. Well, both Miki and I were still not used to the place. At least there was only one other occupant on our floor. Our bathroom time didn't crash either, so it was mainly me and Miki who need to keep each other waiting. (Sorry~ I take a long time in the bathroom.)

First appointment of the day was lunch with NG in Akihabara. She was quite familiar with the area and took us to an Indian curry restaurant. Perhaps there was a translation miss... I like Japanese curry more. Indian curry's a bit too hot. Nevertheless, it might be good in colder weather. Miki and NG were both into SD dolls and they had a good talk despite language barrier. As I usually eat too slow, I miss all their doll photos. Didn't even take one with NG... sob sob sob... (T_T)

T joined us after lunch and we went shopping in the Akihabara Radio Hall. First stop, Volks of course. That's what Miki's here for, hehehe! Doll stuff is not my cup of tea, but I still found candy toy and Pinkys to buy, hehehe... The cheapest RMP was 600 yen vs $38 in Hong Kong. Which one is cheaper? Don't know. (Argh! I can't deal with numbers!) There were a whole bunch of other toy stores in that building too. We also went to Asobit City nearby, where the photo of this life size Saber was taken. Usually no photos are allowed in stores, but there was a sign saying it's OK with this Saber. Went straight for it. Hehe...

NG lives in Kansei and had to leave by 4:30 to catch Shinkansan. There was some kind of accident and the train was delayed... or something like that. (Sorry, couldn't catch it all with my Frankenstein Japanese.) Meanwhile C was still in Tokyo with Y. She lives in Kansei too, and I thought she too would be gone by now. She was the one who sold Miki her extra Roy doll and exchanged the bootleg books with a real one. Miki would like to meet her if possible. Unfortunately, for some reason T couldn't get through to Y or C's cell phone until 5. It was 6 by the time we got together in Shinbashi. Had dinner at an izakaya. Again, oh~ how I wish~ how I wish I my Japanese were better... (T_T). It was fun although I couldn't fully understand the conversation.

A note: infrared transfer between T and Miki's cell phone didn't work. Could it be the difference in makers? Or different countries? Or something else?

No comments: