Friday, December 19, 2008

Garden Street

Ate too much for breakfast and lied on my stomach to use the net book. Bad idea. This caused stomach ache. Didn't go out until almost 4. Went to Garden Street. First thing that caught my eyes were nail art stickers. Got 8 small @ $8 each, and 2 long strips @ $18 each. Total $95 after bargaining. (Only got $5 off.) The vendor can't speak English so I helped with translation when an European lady wanted to have her nails done. $60 seems to be a super good deal to her. The vendor still wanted me to buy more but there was no more style that I like. She then took me to a second booth a block away. I spent another $30. (Got $5 off after bargaining again.) Then, I found some more at another booth. $15 for 2, cheaper than the first place! So I spent $15 here, no bargain. The pink turtle neck Mrs. L wants was sold out. Luckily I found a similar one elsewhere. It's cheaper and the material seems nicer too. I bought a folk style tunic for myself, $79. Those bags I bought yesterday at Women's street, can be found here for only $40 to $45. AAAAARGH!!!! They ripped me off!!!! The “meat” of the day was a 26-style scarf. There's a row of buttons at the edge so you can button up and create different forms. $50 each. I bought 3 for gifts = $150. It's got fake Japanese on the packaging. Looks like mainland Chinese product. Quality seems OK, though. On my way back, I stopped at Kai Wong mall and bought the $38 rmp. Couldn't resist. Sigh... But you can't find any Pinky for under $40, so these are excellent for parts, although slightly on the user unfriendly side. I might get the $99 Tusruya Pinky too. Still can't make up my mind. What I really need, is pajamas. I only bought one set with me. The shirt has been washed once, as it dries quickly. The pants are a problem. They are very thick and won't dry in time. It will turn cold in a day or two. I'll freeze if I sleep in just panties. (Or catch a cold.)

No comments: