Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice

Winter Solstice, yet it was 25 degrees! Hottest so far since I arrived. Made me doubt if it was really winter. Still couldn't get a good sense of time and distance, and I was home late, again. (T_T) Should have taken the bus instead of walking. Sigh... It was so hot I was soak and sticky. Yuck... (T_T) But still had to squeeze into the back seat with W's two teenage sons. Embarrassing. (T_T)

Thought I'd be alone tonight but no, thank God. Mrs. L's second daughter W picked me up with her family to have dinner with Mrs. L at daughter B's home in Stanley. Thanks~! Wow, what a nice apartment. It was my first time eating "basin cuisine". W ordered take-out from a restaurant on our way. Just needed to be reheated at home and you've got restaurant quality dinner. Tasted... OK, I guess. A bit too salty, though. W had to drop her son off somewhere so I took the bus with Mrs. L's helper. Mrs. L continued to stay behind until B came back. The bus ride took an hour. Today's spending, $48 for 12 egg tarts. Didn't think I've ever bought that many egg tarts before. Haha....


No comments: