Monday, December 29, 2008

Comic market

Yay! This year it's on December 28th, 29th, 30th. FMA is on the 29th, the second day.
In an unfamiliar environment , things just take longer. The vampire doesn't help either. Also need to tidy up somewhat, so Miki wouldn't have to be welcomed by my mess. So, by the time I left the hostel, it was already noon. (>_<;)

Got there around 1:20. Since S said we should leave for the party at around 2:30, I only had one hour to deliver all the chocolate and zipper charms. It took a long time! The place was huge! (Thanks S for the floor map!) Didn't expect to run into Y, but I was so glad I did! She act
ed as my guide and helped me find many tables faster then I can alone. Met NB, SM, NN, MR, RB, and NG for the first time. I only knew them form their blogs or books. Didn't get to see L and UR. (UR left early, sob sob sob...)

Got a bit lost. The only photo I managed to take was NN's Pinkys. I wanted more! (T_T) Neither did I take pictures with anyone I met the first time today... sob sob sob... (T_T) The floor was kind of chaotic. Carrying C's bootleg books made me sweat like summer. (No, it's unfair for me to say that, because my Vancouver clothes were too warm to start with.) And Japan is quite a bit colder than Hong Kong. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Then I realized I didn't know where to meet. People started packing up too. I don't know my friends' phone number so I had no way to contact them!
Panic panic panic! Luckily, R was still around. Looked like M had left us behind. (T_T) R managed to contact M, and got directions to the cafe in Shinbashi, where I tried om-rice (rice in omelette) for the very first time. It was yummy! Had a taste of Japanese curry and it was yummy too. S brought books and toys for our entertainment. Cool! Thanks! Too bad my Japanese is still not good enough for conversation. Couldn't understand what they said most of the time. (T_T)

Later, half of us went to Akihabara's Yodobashi Camera for Pinky shopping, while the rest waited at a bakery cafe nearby. Pinkys weren't as cheap as I thought. Ended up spending more money on Sylvanian Families stuff. (Well, it's for Pinky too.) Got the grand piano I've always wanted. Yay~!! BTW, I always wonder why a camera store would sell more than cameras. It's actually a department store! Well I guess it's like London Drugs selling more than drugs.

Then we had dinner at an izakaya called Umekko. NG joined us here. She brought with her a lovely young SD dressed as Shinku, with costume made by herself. It was toy paradise on the table again. S made a set of cow print pajamas for T's Medicom Ed doll. Oh yeah! It's year of the ox! Awesome! T made miniature shipping cartons of a certain farm, famous among certain fans. (Hehehe...) TK walked me home. Thanks! She lives in Nakano. But I was a bit concerned that she'd have to walk home alone afterwards.

Got back at around 11:30 PM. Miki was fast asleep. She left the lights on for me. Thanks! Apparently, she wasn't feeling well. She had to host her own table at a Hong Kong manga event the previous day. That was why we couldn't come together. Luckily it seemed to be exhaustion and she felt better by the time we met.

No comments: