Friday, December 05, 2008

Computer festival

WS took me to Sum Sui Po for toys shopping. Got some stuff. Pinky Messerschmidt $60. Rei $40, Asuka $60. Rement Delux sushi $144 x 2. FMA ash tray $5 x 6 (for my Japanese friends). Assorted gashapon $10 x 5. Saw a bunch of Hatsune Miku Nendoroid. Didn't ask for the price because they look like bootleg. If the quality was better, I'd still buy one. But the right eyelid was so poorly painted, you just can't miss it. They also have other Nendoroid like Death Note, Haruhi, and vocaloid series. But the eyelid thing turn me off so much I didn't even border to ask for the price.

We went to a nearby 3-day only "computer festival" afterwards. It was like an open air market on the street and cars were off limit. It was hell! Way more crowded than rush hour subway! Couldn't even get close enough to see anything. Sigh... Then we went into a near by mall basement with similar merchandise. Got a 4GB CF card for Miki at $217. That's about a $60 saving for a lucky girl. . (Oops, she hasn't paid me back yet, but I probably owe her money for the parcels so we're even.) We seemed to have brought the crowd with us. When we tried to leave, we just couldn't! There was only one set of stairs which turn into a bottle neck. Horrible... (T_T) I seriously though I was going to suffocate to death. By the time I got back outside, I was soaked in sweat. Failed to get anything for myself, although I could use a memory stick for backup at home. Oh well, too late.

Dinner at McDonald's. Didn't expect to see any local limited edition, but there were 3. Ebi (shrimp) burger, spicy chicken leg burger, and pear tea. (OK, pear tea doesn't count because I don't think it's' a limited edition.) Went for the ebi burger and it was surprisingly good! Thanks WS, it was delicious.

No comments: