Saturday, December 13, 2008

Japanese yen

The Hang Seng bank didn't have enough foreign currency in cash so we had to go to the main branch on Nathan Road, Mong Kok. Finally got some Japanese yen. Mom wanted more CA$ to bring back home. Originally, she must show her ID for this withdrawal. However, her new ID card wouldn't be ready until Tuesday and she didn't bring the pick up slip (which also acts as a temporary ID) or her passport. I couldn't substitute with mine either. Luckily the clerk still let us have our way. She then desperately tried to sell us investment accounts. Of course, we were taking money away from the bank. Let's see... every 3 months mom transfers part of her pension back here which costs HK$150 each time. Isn't that robbery already?

Went to Fa Hui flower market to buy Chinese new year daffodil bulbs for Mrs. L. Mom got the orchid wood chips for her too. Didn't expect it to be so hard to find. Would also like to buy some specific terracotta orchid pots, but no store had it.

Miki drove me to her office in Kwun Tong to pick up the doll stuff for me to bring to Canada. Didn't eat lunch until 3. I was starving! (T_T) Mom started to pack, while I compacted the stuff I've bought. Brother's 25kg FedEx box would contain mostly my stuff... Oh dear... (^_^;)

No comments: