Thursday, December 16, 2010

Appoints and errands

Dad's been wetting his bed in the middle of the night. Sheets need to be changed. His clothes need to be changed. He needs to be washed. Don't know why, but he takes off his pants and diapers under his blanket and sleeps half naked. He... just finds all kinds of ways to make things difficult for us.

Mom decided dad should see the doctor for running nose (despite no sneezing or coughing or sore throat). I stayed up all night dealing with parcels and only got 2.5 hours of sleep. Having trouble falling asleep in bed. Strange, because I easily fall asleep at the desk. Is it because of lying down? Anyway, we were super late for our appointment. The doctor wasn't pleased. It was all my fault. (But mom didn't come wake me up either when I fell asleep trying to get up.)

After the appointment, just like last time, we ate at a nearby Hong Kong style cafe restaurant for their 1-hour parking refund. However, with the time at the doctor, we needed 2 hours.

Mom went to fill dad's prescription while I went to the post office to mail those parcels, leaving dad at the restaurant. Didn't like to leave him alone for he might wonder off to nowhere land. But it was the most logical choice. We took a chance. Which place do you think takes longer? The pharmacy or the post office? The answer is, the pharmacy.

Next stop was Eddie's to get A's closet stuff. There was a bit of wait thanks to 2 undecided ladies. Instead of making up their mind on what to get, they debated the matter at the cashier. Still, comparing to the post office, this was nothing.

It was about 3:45. I fully intended to take dad to the handicap parking decal office in person. I've been bad putting it off for almost 2 months now. Plus, I spent time that I didn't have this morning to look up the address. Didn't want that time to be wasted. So we headed for Burnaby... but the traffic was bad. It could be the path I took too.

Somehow I completely lost my sense of direction when we were almost there. It could be my lack of sleep reacting with the unfamiliar area. Mom kept saying let's go home. She was afraid of dad soiling his diaper. But isn't that what diapers are for? Maybe the only spare she brought was used right after lunch. It was true that dad had drank many glasses of liquid at lunch. Oh yes, dad stunk badly already and I would not be surprised that he was already leaking. But I had come this far, I'd for sure beat someone (usually myself) up if I had to give up. Luckily, after a few moments with the street map, we arrived at the office. It was about 4:25.

Mom immediately took dad to the washroom while I dealt with the application. By going there in person, you can get the decal right away. Otherwise it has to go through mail, and the awkward donation pledge. The process was smooth. Then the lady announced the phone shut-down at 4:30. That was their closing time! Awwwwww!!!! I didn't check online! OMG we just made it!!!! Thank God!

We were ready to leave, then we saw the handicap aid supply store across the street. Mom's friend is looking for a 4-legged cane so she and I went inside to take a look while dad wait in the car. There was a lone goose outside the front door. Kind of tame, too. Very strange.

So it was just before 5 when we actually left. Guess what... I got lost again. Despite checking the map first, I still took a wrong turn. We hit full rush hour traffic and it felt like time had stopped. Mom then decided to eat-out so we went to Mui's. She took the chance to pick up some groceries while I went to the bank. Good my 3 major errands were completed. And we went home. It was... geese, I can't even remember what time it was! I kept falling asleep at the desk again. Totally non-functional. Yet instead of going to bed, I'm writing blog entry now... (>_<;)

No comments: