Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hunger and anger

Just another work day...

I realized my umbrella's gone missing. Tracing back my memory, it had to be at the school. So I went there after work to take a look. It was super weird to go in, check the umbrella bucket, and then leave. So I went to the classroom to see if P and J were there first. And they both were. P was working on his reel packing. Honestly, it needed a lot of attention. I couldn't help it but to show him a few things. Before you know it, an hour was gone! Awwww I was supposed to go home soon! It was eat-out day with brother's gang, but he was bringing take-out sushi over. After P, I went to see J, and yes, spent another half-hour with him. Then I check on P again. That was a total of almost 2 hours. That, was a session that I don't think I can claim, because P didn't request me to show up. And, S had given me a pay cheque yesterday. He didn't say anything. In fact, he didn't look too pleased. (But to be fair, he was very tired too.) So, that was it. It's over.

My umbrella wasn't at the front door either. It is now that I think it could be left in the classrooms too. Oh well... (T_T) That was an old and crappy umbrella designated to stay in the car, so if it's lost, it's fine. I still have a tiny one for trips, and a very nice one from A.

There was some left-over volume on highway 1 from an earlier accident. By the time I got home, it was after 9. Super hungry. As I was heating up a bowl of soup, dad came nosing around despite mom trying to get him to go downstairs to shower. He... was trying to take my food. OK it doesn't hurt to give him a piece of sushi, and mom was just so eager to move dad along, she served him everything, bring him a plate, putting the ebi sushi on the plate, even gave him soy source. While that was happening, dad did not even look at what was in front of him, but kept starring at my food. He still wanted more. Or, rather, he ignored what was given to him and considered us not giving him anything. It was 9:15 and I haven't eaten since lunch. I was super hungry. He, on the other hand, had a full dinner. Yet he still wanted my food as if he hasn't eaten. And he did not consider anything wrong with that. Or the possibility of him being wrong.

Where in the world do you find parents with full stomachs taking the only food away form their hungry children?

Dad has turn into this incredibly ugly ugly ugly blob of gluttony.

Low blood sugar must be it. I snapped and banged my hand on the counter really loud and screamed.

Fine, you can eat it all. I'll eat nothing. Happy now?

I went to my computer. Still waiting for a bunch of mail. Luckily, the books Y sent me arrived. I was reading them. I'm sure they smoothed my flame quite a bit. Otherwise I would probably be banging my hand some more. Or even my heard.

Meanwhile mom and aunt Y tried to get dad to apologize to me. Of course impossible. He'd rather die than to admit he's wrong. (He is not known to have apologized to anyone, ever.) However, he refused to eat my food. Mom got him downstairs to shower, and I finally got something to eat. As a Chinese saying goes, "the food went down the spine". I even had a slight stomach ache.

As I went about my business at the computer, dad finished showering and was nosing around near the front door, which is right in front of my room. He did his usual stuff of opening the door, looking outside, and then shut it again. When he was in front of my room, he did a series of farts! EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! How, how in the world can I not say he did it on purpose?????? If he did it to get back to me, he was very successful. I snapped again right away.

Why oh why why why why why oh why why why why oh why me... (T_T) sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob...

No comments: