Friday, December 10, 2010

Chiropractor and party

Needed to send a parcel at the neighbourhood post office. Long lineup. Needed to deposit a pay cheque at the bank machine. Long line up. Needed to pick up a pot of flower for the party. Only one guy was in front of me, but the staff was arranging a huge bouquet for him and it took a long time. At the end, I was 1 hour 20 minutes late for chiropractor. Sigh...

Nevertheless they still took me, and I didn't need to reschedule. Thanks, I need the treatment. It couldn't be postponed any further. Great relieve. I must have been really numb. Couldn't feel much until right after the treatment. Then I felt... much better!

Traffic was bad. So I went to Michael's for a while. They have a 50% off coupon again. Plus, some stuff are further reduced. I loaded up. Now that I look at the stuff, some deals are not that great. Oh well!

Then S's party. It was for Christmas, and his school finished renovating. (Actually not 100%. There was at least one room that was unfinished.) Thinking it was at the school, I totally under-dressed. There were waaaay more people than expected. The place was packed. As far as I could see, only 3 other women didn't dress up. The rest were all-out formal. Guys were a bit more diverse, though. I should have worn a dress...

Basically I only know S and J. Ran into G who I haven't seen for years! He brought a lady and seems to be doing well. Sad to know that he's no longer living with his wife D. Thought I could meet some people, but everyone, e v e r y o n e, brought someone. And they were already established in groups. So... no, I didn't even get to talk to anyone.

S had a treasure hunt game that involved students. I think it was too difficult and complicated. I didn't participate, just watched and stuck around long enough to see who won. Then left, still hungry. All I had was 2 pieces of bit-size treats and 2 cans of juice. Didn't get to talk to S except saying hi. Didn't get my pay cheque either. But he wanted me to go there again next week to fix that. Doesn't look like he'd be giving me another student to mentor, thought.

No comments: