Monday, December 13, 2010

Boss vanished

Went to work, but boss wasn't there. No one answered the buzz, no one answered the land line or cell phone. I went around the building trying to see if she was out in the backyard, but no, she wasn't there. No lights either.

She's pretty good at letting me know in advance if she can't make it. So this time felt highly unusual. (Just because she lives alone, getting sick means getting stranded at home, and it had happened before.)

Stayed till 10:25, then went to Park Royal to use my 50% off coupon. After choosing a big bunch of stuff, lined up at cashier, only to find out that they were not further reduced. Oh well, deal's over.

It was on the way so I stopped at the gem store and picked up a pack of earring nuts and bails. Super busy. Super long lineup. Looked like it was the lunch rush hour. Then I visited S at school to pick up a pay cheque. Totally didn't expect to see P there. Thought he's done a long time ago. Nope. I wanted to see how his stuff turn out so I sat down with him and it became a mini mentoring session. S had an unexpected visit from a potential student so he was busy giving a tour anyway. By the time I was done, it was 4.

Stopped by the North Van Michael's. Picked up a little more stuff. Then met up with A. He needed help with an office gift exchange event. So we first hit a Liquor store. Liquor was his first choice for the gift. Then we went to Metrotown's dollar store for gift-wrapping materials. He picked out a nice gift box. After that, Timmy's on Marine Way, then Michael's again. Woo... how often do I get to visit 3 Michael's in 1 day? I think it only happened once before. A ended up spending 30 bucks on embellishments on the gift! Way more than the gift itself and over budget.

Then I proceeded with the wrapping at his place. That, was the most expensive wrapping I've ever done.

Only had 2 hours sleep last night. Really tired. Still needed to fill up. Amazingly, that female beggar wasn't there! Could it be late (it was just after midnight)? Or has she been recognized by too many people who frequent that gas station? So her "stories" no longer work?

No comments: