Thursday, December 30, 2010

House-sitting (3)

Got up at 12:30. Late again. But at least I was there already and didn't have to drive. The electric blanket I brought over yesterday and turning on the portable heater at 9PM helped a lot. I was able to sleep better.

Hope to meet up with A but I was just too slow. Brother came back today and I needed to pack up. By the time I was done eating, feeding the guinea pigs and the student downstairs, and cleaning up, it was 3. The sun was shinning but too late to go out. Had to cancel on A. Sorry...

Forgot to bring crimp beads, so all I could do was fixing jump rings, and it was all done. The piggies are such fuzzy eaters, they don't eat food that's been "contaminated" (stepped on). So I had to feed them small amounts every 2 or 3 hours. Brother's Mac is missing some plug-in for web radio. I could only listen to the news and traffic station. It wasn't the best choice, but there wasn't any other. At least they tell you it's -4 outside and how long the wait was at the border was. Then except for my own dinner, it was all surfing the web until brother's gang came back around 11:30.

Brother borrowed a friend's address down there to order a set of toilet railing for dad, and he brought it back this time. He also bought a new TV for mom to replace out really old, barely functional one. Besides that, it was the usual stuff. Clothing and food. Plus some greatly discount post-Christmas stuff. I hope he would help us set it up as I don't think I can do it.

Got home, and took advantage of the high dollar. Made some online purchases on Etsy. Before you know it, the sun was rising... Awwwwww... (T_T)

No comments: