Wednesday, December 29, 2010

House-sitting (3)

Chiropractor day. Tried to get up early, but with last night's ordeal, it was very tough. Nevertheless got out of bed around 10:30. No one was home. Dad went to daycare, mom and aunt Y went to our family doctor to get prescriptions. So I ate some congee that mom made for my canker sore, and left.

Needed to drop off the parcel. Then the dollar store across the street. Boss wanted some half-price snow-flake stickers. I would like some too. Didn't think I'd find any, but there were quite a few. They weren't with the Christmas stuff, but craft ales. That was lucky.

Arrived at brother's around 12:30. Immediately I opened the fridge to fetch food for the student. The date was labeled Dec 30 instead of Dec 29. Oh... I've made a mistake, thinking she doesn't have food today, but in fact she does. Phew.

On the other hand, the guinea pigs cleaned out everything. That was rare. I think washing the bowls helped. So I fed them, and had some congee myself. (Congee is not too filling.) Sat down and did some beading. Before you know it, it was 2:50 and I was late for chiropractor again. (T_T) Well, I guess within 15 minutes is not too bad. There were 4 people in front of me anyway. I notice whenever I'm horribly late, I get in sooner. Whenever I'm on time (which is rare) or a little bit late, I have to wait for a long time.

Got there just before 3:15 and finished just before 4:25. Was hoping to go to the west Van Michael's, but the radio reported massive traffic jam on the bridge. So, I decided not to go. Instead, I stopped by another dollar store and picked up more Christmas stuff like ribbons. A surprise find was those crystal beads. Got some too.

Went home afterward to pick up warmer clothing and an electric blanket. It was colder then comfortable the night before. I keep bringing stuff over. I wonder if the small suitcase will hold them all when I go back home tomorrow.

Mom tried to get me to stay for dinner, but I didn't want to be outside too late because tonight is gonna be -4 degree. Got back to brother's. The guinea pigs were wheeing like crazy. Yup they were hungry. Me too. But I had to feed them first. (Need to cut up carrots.) Made another long distant call. Some beading, shower, and some blogging. It's 3AM. The student seems to be running the washing machine downstairs. Oh well, none of my business.

No comments: