Friday, July 16, 2010

1.6 hour

Worked overnight packaging the necklaces. Went to bed at 7. Set my alarm clock for 12:30. Lots of things today. However, got woken up at 11:30 by a call from the camera repair shop. My camera is ready.

So, the plan was, bank → chiropractor → camera repair shop → school → Michael's West Van → coffee shop → Michael's North Van → A's place (drop off coffee beans) → home.

Since I would not skip washing my hair, I ended up leaving at 3, which made me late. Lineup wasn't bad at the clinic. With the car-wash and all those beading, I've been in the worst shape where I can't even think straight.

When I was done at the camera repair shop, it was 4:25. Taking Burrard bridge would be the logical choice, right? Wrong! No left turn all along Burrard Street. This tells you how ofter I go downtown. I turn right onto Robson thinking a big street like Robson should be easy to do the "3 right turn = 1 left turn" thing. Wrong again! The gallery was under renovation and they closed off that exact section! Grrrr...

I ended up turning left onto Georgia. Bad idea! It started with slow, and eventually became a grid lock. The car in front of me was an SUV so I couldn't see anything. Nothing was moving. Unbelievable. The radio stopped working thanks to all the skyscrapers. Luckily, I managed to catch a few openings and heard segments of traffic news. Apparently there was an accident on Georgia at Denman. The rest... need I say more? The only other time I got stuck in traffic for 1.6 hours, was at the border. One less unfortunate thing was, it wasn't the hottest day, and the skyscrapers created some shades. Still hot, though. If it was last Thursday, I would have had a heat stroke for sure.

It was 6:10 when I crossed the bridge. Needed to make a pit stop so I stopped at Park Royal first. Might as well take care of Michael's and the coffee beans. Was also hungry so I picked up some granola bars at Extra Foods. My blood sugar was so low, it took me forever to pick out which one to buy. Sigh... By the time I arrived at the school, it was 7:45.

Yeah, I gave them more than one hour. So, couldn't go to the other Michael's. There wasted a half-price coupon. Sob sob sob... Was still able to drop off the coffee beans. So the only thing which didn't get done was the second Michael's. If it wasn't for the accident, today could have been really good. Sigh...

It's happened a few time already. Something's bound to happen when I try to met with C. The universe is against us meeting or something. Why...?

No comments: