Friday, July 09, 2010

$6 an hour

Needed to go to North Van. It was a mere 15 minutes and I missed the window to borrow A's bus pass. This is extremely discouraging, since I've done my best and still failed (Thanks to dad hording the washroom for an hour, grrrrr!!!!). Was going to drive but if I get stuck on Lion's Gate Bridge in this weather, I'd be dead. (My car has no A/C.) So I took A's advice, left my car at Oakridge and took transit.

Things went well, I was a bit early. Finished with P, but J didn't show up. His cell phone was off too. Technically specking, I could wait until 4, but with no way to reach J, I didn't want to just sit there. (C went to Seattle.) I did spent an hour with P, so I only waited for 10 minutes or so.

Stopped by Dressew. Picked up some stuff. Every time I go there, I manage to find something to buy. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Donno. But they don't have the one thing I've been looking for: 3mm or 3.5mm solid black plastic beads, preferably matte. Oh well.

Grossly underestimated the time needed to look for stuff. (That place is messy.) I think I stayed there for no more than 20 minute, though. My 4-hour parking at the mall expired. By the time I got back, I was half-an-hour late. Luckily it was fine. Thank God.

I can't stop wondering if this $25 worth today's trip? Traveling time between the mall and north shore alone is 45 minutes. Add another 15 from home to mall, and 5 between the seabus and the school. So that's 65 minutes for a single trip, 130 minutes for round trip. I spent an hour at the school. (Note: I excluded wait time and Dressew from this calculation.) Then bus fare was $6 round trip. Altogether, after 3 hours and 10 minutes, $19 is what I can pocket. And that, of course, does not include car and gas.

This makes my hourly wage around $6. Am I a looser or what?
(T_T)

No comments: