Saturday, July 31, 2010

Afternoon tea

Took care of a bunch of errands, especially bank stuff. HKB is charging bankbook accounts $5 a month starting early August. Naturally, I switched to a different type of account. Are bank books so expensive that they need to be rid of? OK maybe I'm outside the norm. That account is hardly used because they charge fees on almost everything (even if you keep a balance over $1000). I've had that account for 20 years and closing it makes me feel sad.

Went to Iwase to pick up a magazine I ordered. No more good Pinkys left. Only 2 ugly types. I'm glad, though. Don't think I can resist if there were nicer once. Yup, it's gotten cloudy. I can't think today. Forgot one of the bank errands and had to go back. Started the car while the steering wheel was still locked. My back feels like all the ribs have fused into one big solid rock.

Tried to buy some Planter's peanut-butter cup, only to find out the price has risen for over a buck! WTF!?!? For something that was under $4, a buck is insane! I hope it was a mistake. However, Reeze mini cups were on sale. So I bought that instead.

Thought I'd drop off the chocolate to E @ brother's place on my way back. Did not expect them to be at home. After all, it's been a nice day, and E's family is visiting from out of town. They should be out somewhere. Surprise! Not only were them at home, I arrived at the same time as sis-in-law and E came back from a walk. They were about to have afternoon tea too. Nice! E's husband is good at baking. He made some fresh scone while sis-in-law brew tea bought from London Farm. They said, it's not worth going there anymore. $8.5 per person, and only get you very little treats. Before, the portion was enough for a small meal!

Went home and continue looking at taobao site Miki sent me. Very difficult to read... I think I'll stick to Esty and Ebay.

No comments: