Thursday, July 08, 2010

Dim sum / hot!

Manage to finish the 2 bead charms for Y, but I went to bed at 4:30. The night was actually cold. I had trouble falling asleep. Last time I looked at the clock, it was around 7:30. Which gave me 2 hours of sleep. (T_T) Perhaps I was in an altered state like traveling. I was able to ignore my back. Yup, yesterday's car-washing did a number on my back. Now that I look back, I haven't been thinking properly all day.

Even though I got the restaurant recommendation from trusted friends, I was still worried. Most of the online reviews are bad.

However, none of the bad things happened. Utensils are clean. We didn't have to wait for water. (There was a lady going around with water.) We didn't get overcharged. We went early to beat the lunch crowd so we didn't have to wait for a table, and no one was asked to wait at any table either. We brought our own Tupperware so I don't know if it takes forever to get one. Most of all, the food was good and reasonably priced. Oh, the yelling is pretty normal for old-style dim sum cart.

We were hungry and concentrated on eating. Neither of us remembered to take pictures. No Pinky pictures for lunch. (T_T) I expect to split the bill, but Y wouldn't let me pay. (Thanks, then!) Perhaps she feels bad that I paid for both lunch and dinner last time.

Y hasn't been to Sakura in Metrotown, so we went there afterward. Came across Mariposa's sale and couldn't resist picking up a $10 dress and a $5 shirt. Y got a pair of $5 pants too. To our shock, Sakura doesn't have anything FMA. Anything!

We got thirsty, of course the dim sum must be loaded with MSG. We went on a little quest for drinks. Superstore didn't make it. It was either bulk, or too expensive singles. The fridges at Everything for a Dollar went missing. The drink and price signs were still on the wall, though. The winner was Dollar Giant. Even larger bottles are only $1. I got water in the car, so I picked up craft supply instead.

Before you know it, it was 3:30. Y's bus departs at 4:25. We barely had enough time to stop by the new Taiwanese junk food store. Unfortunately I got lost going to the Bridgeport skytrain station. It was my first time going there after all. This cost her the 4:25 bus and had to take the next one. (T_T) I wish her a safe trip home. Hopefully we'll meet again.

One more stop for me before going home. Michael's of course. It's right on my way. And oh yes, they've put some new stuff on clearance.

The car's been an oven. I was completely wet and stick from head to toe. Naturally, shower was the first thing when I got home.

Didn't get hungry from all those dim sum, so I only had soup and a few bites. (OK a banana too.) Looks like I've been on a washing spree since yesterday (the car). Or it just felt nice after the shower. I washed today's shirt by hand, then the 2 new pieces, then a set of inners, a gift from another Japanese friend. Or I just don't want today's shirt to stay stinky because I missed today's laundry. Either way, if I don't wear those new summer clothes soon, summer's gonna be over! (Usually only last for 2 weeks.)

No comments: