Thursday, July 15, 2010

Snow Love Japanese Style Mochi

(2010 April to June) Thanks cousin M and T! It's subdivided into 4 different boxes inside. Actually made in Taiwan. Actually pretty good.

Red Bean Mochi
The mochi part is seasoned and slightly sweet. I thought it would stick to your teeth more, but not. Maybe it's additives?? I'm sure it's got plenty. The red bean filling is fragrant and feels high class. A very typical Japanese taste. (As to not Chinese.) The sweetness is light and mild. However, I don't think I'll go buy more myself. On the other hand, the lack of addictiveness may be a good sign, because those addictive ones use lots of fat and sugar and additives.

Black Sugar Mochi
It's not too sweet, which is good. However, this must be too much of a default, and doesn't have it's own personality. Can't really tell what it is. (Of course, it's just plain old sugar.)

Peanut Mochi
Yup, peanut is there. Light and mild. Actually feels healthy and has all the good things from the other 2 favours.

Green Tea Mochi
The final one, green tea. The mochi part is more sticky. The other ones from before didn't stick to my teeth, but this one does a little. I wonder if it's expiring. (The outer box has been discarded and I don't remember the expiry date.) Nevertheless, still excellent. Mildly sweet and with delicate fragrance. However, it's not distinctive enough as "green tea". What I'd like to see in this series, is sesame.

No comments: