Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Brain scan

Dad's CT brain scan today. Surprisingly, I managed to find a shaded parking spot one block from the hospital. Amazing! I guess that was one of my rare lucky moments.

Mom has been overly nervous again. The appointment was at 12:45 and she wanted me to leave the house by 12:15 even though it takes only 15 minutes to get there. Somehow she convinced herself that she wouldn't have time for lunch and only ate a bun. OK she wanted to eat out afterward. The actual scan only took 5 minutes. We arrived early and was finished before 1. Trying to avoid parking in the sun, we went to Oakridge mall.

Geeze... parking was tough! Did not expect it to be this busy. When we entered the mall, mom said, we should find a washroom for dad. I said, what? Didn't he just go at the hospital before the scan? Mom said, turn around and look, he needs to change. And I saw...

OMG... dad... wet his pants! (T_T) When did that happen? He was wearing a diaper too!!!!! How could this happen?!?!?! Luckily, the pee stain was all in front and down the inside from his crotch to feet. Hopefully it didn't get onto the car. (T_T) It's a known fact that when he pees with a diaper on, he does not remove it, but to extract his dick from the side. So I suspect his dick had been left in that position, hanging outside the diaper. Sigh... whats the point of wearing diapers? (T_T)

It's good that mom was prepared and brought along a change of pants and fresh diapers. We made use of the family washroom at the food court. People use it to change babies. We used it to change old man. Sigh... BTW, dad did his signature snot projectile while walking to the food court, and left snot on some store's window. Yuck!!!! Sick!!!! And he stuff his pocket full of toilet paper or paper towel taken from public washrooms! Yet he doesn't use them! He knows we don't like that but he still do it. We are sick of telling him not to. It's no use. How can we bring him along when going out? There's no way! No hope! No nothing! (T_T)

There weren't many choices at the food court. Playing it save, mom got a burger combo at A&W. I wasn't that hungry and had onion rings only. Yummy as always. Then I went to the Bay to exchange a tank top while mom and dad waited at the food court.

Walked around twice but couldn't find the tank top. Got a headache. It could be sensory overload, or my body didn't like the onion rings (but it was so yummy...). The staff I asked took me to where she saw "lots" yesterday, but the rack was empty! Then she asked around. Still no luck. Finally she pointed out the clearance section. And sure enough, they were there. Found a better size, tried it on, and I was thinking, if this is clearance price, I should do a refund and repurchase. However, the tag did not say clearance and it was regular price! Then why was it in the clearance section? The cashier said it must have been a mistake. Yeah, big one. Because the transfer was complete and filed according to size, not just a few loose ones. All these wasted how much time? Dunno. But I suspect my headache was partially from rushing myself.

Mom wanted to go to Saveway. Ice-cream was on sale. So we decided to come back later. She also wanted to see if there's any of those Velcro running shoes for dad. Got the last right size pair. Another lucky moment??? More like dad's, not mine.

By then my headache got worse and cause me to walk slowly. Drinking water didn't help. Still, mom wanted me to go and get the ice-cream alone while she wait with dad in the car. I understand that she's attached to him, and it's true that he should not be left alone, but no way. I was sick and didn't want ice-cream in the first place. But it also didn't feel right to let mom run in alone either. So I dragged my feet and went with her. Got the ice-cream, and went home.

Was going to go out again to buy tomorrow's lunch pastry at Maxim's. If I hit Sears Metrotown, then maybe I could shoot 2 birds with 1 stone. However, as I suspected, boss e-mailed me saying she has to cancel for tomorrow and perhaps Thursday too. So, no need for pastry. My headache got a little better, but still comes and goes. Tried to lie down for a rest, but that made it much worse. So I kept resting, couldn't fall asleep either. Just like last week's vampire attack.

And there goes the day. I guess with no work, I can go to dad's daycare's BBQ lunch tomorrow. But I'll have to drive them home and then come out again if I want to go to Sears. Oh well, We'll see.

No comments: