Friday, August 27, 2010

Reservation

No work today, which is good, because my neck, shoulders and back have reached their limit. Slept in, got up at 12:30, haha... (^_^;) Mom went to visit grandaunt Y, so I heated up some stuff from the fridge for dad's lunch. (I eat oatmeal as usual.)

Then the storm of phone calls came. Cousin D and M wanted to have dinner with us and actually, mainly with my brother's gang because they didn't get invited last night. (No table was big enough to seat us all.) Cousin D was pushy as usual. You can even call her inconsiderate. Brother was at work in a long meeting so he could not be contacted. He also had church matters to attend at 7. Daycare is supposed to end at 6 but there's no guarantee that the kids get picked on time. The window was really narrow. Tonight was not a good choice, but the cousins want to go to Seattle tomorrow, so things had to go they way "because they're from out of town". Well... sis-in-law was not happy about that, but she bit the bullet and we ate out tonight.

Making reservation fell onto my shoulders. Not a big deal, but it didn't go smooth. We chose from my brother's neighbourhood for his convenience because he had to leave early. There has to be a big enough table for 12. Our favorite place was out on this one. The second choice happened to have a broken stove and was closed. So we settled on the third choice nearby. Phone calls were flying between 3 parties relaying messages. By the time I was done, it was 3 PM.

President Chinese Seafood Restaurant
on south Granville Street was snobby. They screwed up one of our orders and took forever to get us water. Then after we paid with cash, we were completely ignored. No changed was even given. Food quality is so-so but the price isn't cheap. There was only one guy serving the whole place until a second girl showed up later. Short staff, yes, and they probably were not used to a sudden increase of business because the other restaurant was closed. However, this is no excuse for poor service and attitude. I will never eat there again.

2 comments:

Multi-Ainjo said...

Augh! That sound so frustrating. I also have a pushy cousin D. Hmmm. lol :-)

Pro-Ject 8 said...

Cool blog!
I followed you and will check back daily. Please come visit my blog too?
I always return my comments :)
http://advicetosmokers.blogspot.com