Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stranded

(Picture was taken on the 9th and unrelated to subject.)
First, dad upgraded his clothes-destruction. Usually he'd do that when sitting on the toilet or the couch. But today, when mom asked him to hang his washed peed-on pants on the laundry line, he started taking that pair of pants apart. Yup, mom got very mad. I no longer know what to think.

Sigh...

Thought it would be just another work day, but nooooo. I got stranded in West Van for 2 hours. Why? The vampire.

It arrived perfectly on time. At 5, I suspected. At 6, confirmed. So I took a Tylenol just in case. By 6:30, I was out the door and headed to West Van since I didn't get to go to that Michael's last week... plus, to pay my B-card bill.

Things went very well. I even got that clearance punch I thought was sold out and discontinued. Yes my stomach wasn't feeling too well, but manageable. However, the moment I left the cashier, I couldn't even walk! I had to lean onto the door frame on my way out. Slowly, I made it to a nearby bench and sat there. So dizzy! I had to close my eyes! My heart was pounding and I was sweating. It was warm enough so the breeze actually felt good. After resting for a bit, I made it back to my car, but barely.

I knew I was in no condition to drive. I had to wait it out. Cautiously I took another Tylenol. It may or may not work, but I had no choice. Meanwhile, the sweating increased and I was soaked. The tea towel I kept in the glove box was used to wipe my face and neck, and it got all soaked as well. By now, it had turn into cold sweat and the breeze no longer felt good.

My hands went numb and my arms so heavy I couldn't left them. My chest was like compressed under 100 pounds. My heart felt like it was beating out of rhythm. Breathing took much effort as if my lungs were tided to the furthest corners of my body. If I opened my eyes, I'd likely throw up. The pain in my stomach was not as sharp, but my whole person felt really sick. Wanted to throw up or go number 2. Although the closest washroom was no more than 80 feet away in Michael's, I doubt if I could even stand up. (I'm so glad I didn't end up having to.) Time crawls like a snail in such hellish situations.

Although my body was immobilized, my mind was quite active. I was wondering where I got this much water and salt to make such intense sweat. I must have been loosing large amount of salt and I worried I might get in trouble from it. But I was also thinking stupid things like, I just washed my hair last night, and this T-shirt was fresh too. Now everything is soaked. Even the fleece jacket and jeans. Yup I got cold enough to use the jacket as a blanket. My sweat soaked the driver's seat too. That, cannot be easily cleaned. (T_T)

I was also remembering all the recent bad junk food I've eaten at wrong times. And how I was thinking I don't want to live too long.

At times I thought I'd better go to an emergency room, but I didn't want to call 911. It had happened before at school and at work. I got really sick from the vampire and freaked everybody out. Every time I was fine at the end. So let's hope it's the same this time.

I was searching in my head for people I can call for help in case I get worse. But who? I can't call brother. He's too far. Mon and dad are out of the question. Moreover, with mom being such a panicky type, calling her will only send her into orbit. A... how funny I seem to put him high up on the list, but of course, I have trouble believing he'd actually come for me. Uncle Y... not good either. Sa? She lives in West Van, but once I started imagining the scene I might cause, there's no other way but to drive home myself.

I was trying very hard not to imagine what if I passed out and someone reached inside the slightly opened window to unlock the doors, and I'd be dumped on the street to die while they took the car and my handbag.

Actually, from the moment I stepped out from Michael's, I kept praying to God. Wow, I'm such an evil bitch. With what he's been putting us through, I've been angry with him. Yet I still go to him for help when I'm in trouble. Was I scared? You bet. I realized how lucky I had been. Until now, I always had someone around for every bad vampire attack, or at least I'd be at home. This was the first time ever I was alone and away from home. No one could help me.

I kept praying, please let me get home safely. I don't want to put mom through another accident. That one time 14 years ago used up all my quota.

Usually when I get this sick at home, I'd take a nap after pain killer, then I'd feel better when I wake up. So I tried to sleep. Unfortunately it was impossible. With all the noise and me unable to relax, I could only sit there and bear it.

Eventually the sun started setting, and the temperature dropped. It was no longer warm. Being all soaked in cold sweat, I got cold. The Tylenol seemed to show some effect. Although still quite sick, I was afraid this cold might make me worse, so I decided to drive. It felt very strange. I got so cold, I had to turn the heat on, in August! It helped. I'd like to believe the prayer worked too. With extreme caution, I managed to arrive home safely. Thank you, God. Thank you.

First thing, shower. That was when I realized how wet my clothes actually got. I was starting to shiver. My stomach felt like it's got 10 pounds of rocks inside, so I couldn't eat anyway. After the shower, I felt much better. Then usually if I don't throw up, it's number 2. As if the body must expel something and it doesn't care what. After that, I was finally feeling better and could eat a tiny bit.

The last really bad vampire attack was about 3 years ago, when I first started working for my current boss. I took the pain killer late and couldn't beat the vampire. She saw the whole 9 yard and pretty freaked out. I'm glad she didn't have to see me in that state again today. Especially when she's in crunch time right now.

Prime suspect, ice-cream. A, you always say you don't understand how ice-cream can do me harm. This is my price to pay if I don't watch out. Yes, it's summer, and I've been careless. I guess I can't afford to be careless.

Strangely, on top of being a little bit upset about this ordeal, I'm feeling thankful. Every-now-and-then such fear is necessary to remind me to appreciate life more. And be more humble. I should think twice before saying things like, I don't want to live long. (Yeah... the moment I have to face my dad again, this went out the window. Sigh...)

No comments: