Monday, August 30, 2010

Dream

Haven't had one for a while...

I was with brother's gang in some kind of public clinic. Vaccines are given out as Neapolitan ice-cream cones. (Small, though.) There was an extra kid that they were babysitting (?). I was holding his / her ice-cream. Couldn't resist taking a bite. Before you know it, there was no much left. Sis-in-law was mad. I had to get a replacement.

Next segment, we went to cousin D's place to see how her cleanup's going. There was a big hole on the outside wall where an air-conditioner used to be. (In reality, there's none.)

Next... we were on a super dingy bus... about to stop at cousin D's. (Huh? Chronologically reversed?) Brother was not going to give me a ride home, so I tried to get out so I can take Skytrain. When the bus stopped, everything became surreal.There were 2 levels of "ground". But they're still the same "ground". We were on the upper deck. The lower deck unloaded first while the doors on the upper deck were locked. Then our doors opened. There were 3 sets of doors. Both the middle and tail sets have a 3-4 feet drop. Too chicken to jump, I went to the front exit where I could use the few steps.

Once exited, I somehow knew we need to cross the street and go to the hospital on the other side. Brother's gang chose to take the "ground route". (The strange 2-level ground was still happening.) There was a pedestrian over pass... like a bridge. I chose to take that one. There was a railing separating the walkway into 2/3 on the left and 1/3 on the right. A few people were there. At intervals, there were closed parkade-cashier-like "stations" with framed signs that I must remove. Otherwise it was too narrow to pass. The ground of the bridge was painted black with some small colourful nature designs, but extremely dirty. It felt like I was in India. I walked and walked and walked, but it seemed never ending. I've past the apex of the bridge and the slope went downhill. Other pedestrians look like East Indian too. Then, a boy approached me and tried to sell me something like trading cards. I chatted with him, but didn't buy any. (Not interested.) I could see the end of the bridge drawing near. Then an East Indian man tried to sell me some kind of package, with dancers, music, and costumes, for me to film. I joke, asking if he has "Benny Lava". I even sang the first few lines.

Next... I was in some kind of kitchen, and there was some kind of fest on a table. There was a pretty big decorated cake. I took picture of the scene.

That's all I can remember. I wonder what could have happened if I finished crossing that bridge...

No comments: