Thursday, August 18, 2011

Drain (1)

Thought the drainage company would call early so I set my alarm early... but they actually called in the afternoon. Didn't get much sleep. They showed up around 1 and finished at 2:35... but the guy wrote down 2:45. I caught him... but he said it was close enough. That's why I asked V to come over to back me up... but he disappeared during that time. (Turns out he went with Mr. M to buy fish.) Anyway, the drain unclogging failed. The bill will come in the mail. And we'll get an estimator to come tomorrow. Thank God the estimate is free. Using the camera alone costs $250. Each man hour costs $55. A team of 2 x 1.75 hours = $192.5 plus camera = $442.5 plus tax = $495.6! (p.s. My mistake. The $250 camera fee actually includes the first hour, so the total was $110 less.)

Chances are, we need to replace the whole drainage system. It involves digging up the sidewalk. We're looking at 20 - 30 thousand bucks... (T_T)

Thanks to the lack of sleep on top of the tension of dealing with the drainage people, I lost my guard. Someone rang our door bell. I thought it was the estimator and let a stranger in. He seemed to have legit "government" ID and was very eager to "come in and and sit down" and tried to get us to "register" on some utility thing. Suspicious. But my clouded mind was having trouble understanding what he was trying to do back then. And I was naive to think as long as I don't sign anything it should be fine. (Not!) Luckily this guy was dumb too. He rang my neighbours' door bell and didn't wait long enough. So 3 households came out to investigate and they all ended up in my living room, and kicked that guy out. He ran like a rat. I almost let him see our power bill. (Because he said he can show us how much we can save. Which is very dangerous as it's got all sorts of info.) Sigh... I failed. I failed seriously. I failed myself, and I failed my mom. I also failed my neighbours. (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T)

That guy was definitely up to no good. He disappear so fast, it was like running away from us. His ID was government certified something something... Oh, now looking back, he didn't wear the ID on his chest or neck, but kept it inside the binder. He only flashed it to me a few times. OMG... OMG... I'm so thankful to have such good neighbours.

Never let any stranger into the house. Never show any bills.

OMG... I don't think I can survive alone... I'm clearly the one evolution will discard... (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T)

No comments: