Monday, June 06, 2011

Dragon Boat Fest

There's a Chinese saying that goes something like, don't put away your winter clothes until you've eaten the Dragon Boat Festival zongzi. Today was hot! 20 degrees? All of a sudden, summer is here.

Went to my badly needed chiropractor's appointment. I was so bad, most of my body was frozen and sore on the touch. The thoracic section felt like folded in half and I'm forced into a hunched position. My legs still feel wrong 2 weeks after the trip. Not to mention I haven't been able to think properly. It was bad enough that right after the treatment, I was stoned. Words stumble out of my mouth when I booked the next appointment. Had trouble forming thoughts. My mind went blank. It was actually very alarming that the difference was so big, my brain needed to readjust like this. Looking back... isn't "trouble with speech" a sign of stroke??? Did I have a mini stroke or something??? (T_T)

My appointment was at 3:30. I was 15 minutes late. (Sorry...) Didn't check how long I waited but there were 4 to 5 people in front of me. By the time I was done, it was 5! I quickly went to the luggage repair shop to drop off A's strap. Only to find out the new clasps were 2mm too short! The lady said it can still be done but the clasps will float a bit. After calling A up, I got the go-ahead. There was a dollar store 2 blocks away, so I went there hoping to find those plastic storage boxes from Dollar Giant. Nope... they don't have it. Across the street was Kitchen Corner. I checked them out too. Again, no luck. I thought it was the same Kitchen Corner moved here from 4th, but this turns out to be a separate branch.

Then I tried to go to DeSerres to see if they've put more stuff on clearance. Nope, they closed at 6. I didn't make it. Then I must rush home to pick up my folks for dinner at 6:45. It's a bit early for this week's eat-out day with brother's gang, but it's also Dragon Boat Festival. And, hockey game. Pedestrian-only areas were set up downtown and people either gone there, gone to pubs, or stay home to watch the game. The streets were so empty, it was surreal. However, parking wasn't easy because there was a pub playing the game near the restaurant we chose. (Too bad Canucks lost...)

We finished early, and got home just after 8. By 9:50, dad was raiding the fridge. He took the bag of bread from the freezer and ate it all (2 pieces left, though), frozen. Sigh...

No comments: