Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nursing home

After 4 months, the call we've been waiting for finally arrived. However, it's super rushed! Our case manager asked me to call a lady at a certain nursing home to arrange for admission. Turns out she wants to meet us for a tour tomorrow, and admit my dad the day after.

For admission, dad needs a chest x-ray. The receptionist at our family doctor tipped us off on the closing time of the labs, so we had to do it in the morning instead, and cancel dad's day care and handidart in a hurry. And then we also need to label dad's clothes. Otherwise it costs $20 if the nursing home does it. Actually, that lady told me we don't have to label. But I found out the truth on their web site right after. Sigh...

Don't take me wrong, I'm very glad that dad can be placed, rather quickly after the police incident. Perhaps that helped. I'm not complaining. The only concern is, that nursing home gives me the impression of being private, hence expensive. To start, all left over medications cannot be used. Any medication has to go through their pharmacy. None allowed in the resident's rooms. Well... I kind of understand that, but can't we hand over what we have and let them use it???

Despite all the hustle, I'm very relieved. There's finally light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not the train's headlights.

No comments: