Sunday, June 05, 2011

Tall ships

Met up with A late afternoon at Elysian. I was late... (T_T) Then we went to Richmond to join R & B to see the tall ships. Wearing the red Ingledews outlet shoes was a huge failure. I just couldn't walk. Luckily I had my Jersey Garden sandals in the trunk as a spare. However, that, was not made for long distant walking either. I was walking so slow, A showed impatience. Bet he didn't even realize I was in pain. But I didn't tell him either (until much later). I was waiting to see if he'd noticed. And of course he didn't. I was limping to catch up. Just like in NY... (T_T)

We were there just after 5 and the event was over. Still lots of people, though. Barely found a parking spot. Food vendors were packing up to leave. It must have been a fun event. The ships were in the far side of Steveston where I have never been to. They were quite small, and not that tall, kind of disappointing. Nevertheless, it was still a good outing. As the clouds came in, it got cold. R & B had to leave, so A and I ate at Pajo's fish and chips. They were quite busy. Not that cheap either. Oh well. I was cold and hungry and my feet hurt. Sorry A, for being grumpy. But I didn't have enough energy to investigate all the restaurants.

Couldn't help but wonder. Have I been making a huge mistake of trying to catch up with A? Just like back then when I tried to fill quota by going home at 2AM? So my records are normal and no one knows I was having trouble? Have I been putting my efforts into the wrong approach? Have I gone into the habit of hiding my problems just like my dad? But I just don't want to be a burden... Wait, am I afraid of other people finding out my difficulties???

No comments: