Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lindt Excellence Sea Salt

From 10th November 2010. The day I saw it online, I said to myself, I must try this. To my surprise, it's not too hard to find. (LD has it.) So, here it is. I know what dark chocolate tastes like, and I know what sea salt tastes like. However, I could not imagine the result of mixing the two. The smell is completely normal. The first 3 seconds after putting a piece in my mouth was also no different than regular dark chocolate. However... once I hit the first grain of sea salt, the whole thing turn into a Frankenstein. It's no longer candy anymore, but can't quite make out the taste. Initially, the salt felt quite strong, but I got used to it very quickly. Maybe the first grain was bigger or something.

The strangest thing is, it wasn't that delicious, but I couldn't stop eating it. I even went for a second piece!

Embedding grains of salt adds layers of depth. The taste changes every few seconds, which makes the experience very interesting. You can never get tired if it.

I think the salt decreases the sense of "I'm eating candy", which is quite dangerous. Because it's very easy to overdose.

No comments: