Thursday, December 01, 2011

Migraine

Not sure when exactly it started (4:30?), but I was dizzy for a few moments. Then I thought I've looked at the monitor for too long. (It's true that I couldn't resist looking at a bunch of extra sites.) My vision felt weird. It was like my blind spot from the accident had grown and shifted. Alarmed, I started to wrap things up. Then, it appeared. The trademark. The zigzag spiraling fractal. Very tiny at first, near the center of my visual field. Ah-ha, that explains the blind spot.

ASAP, I ran to take pain killers. This time I decided to try the Advil A gave me. If he takes 2, 2 should work for me. Then I quickly turn off everything in the computer room and took a shower. The fractal grew to fill up the right half of my visual field, but it didn't really block the scene like it usually does. As I went on with my business and accessed the cabinet above the toilet, the fractal suddenly disappeared! It was like, I took my attention away for a second, and it was gone. Hmm... strange! Was it because I took Advil instead of my usual Tylenol? I think less than half-an-hour had elapsed since the migraine started. A little bit sooner than usual. However, I felt dizzy again. It was like marking the start and end of the attack. No, I'm not complaining.

So, after brushing my teeth, I was about to go to bed. But then I thought I should write this down first. Another strange thing is, as I'm writing this, I do feel a slight headache around my eyes and the front half of my head. It's like a diluted migraine. Hmm... The Advil may not be strong enough, but it can explain my lightheadedness. However, my head and eyes are actually feeling very heavy. Very unpleasant. Better go now.

No comments: