Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dream

In the dream, mom and I decided to renovate the basement living room. A new TV was needed. So I went to a home electronics store to see what's out there... with someone... (I think that was sis-in-law). After looking at some displays, we lined up at the cashier. I picked up a small item in my hand (forgot what it was) to purchase. Then something happened. Forgot exactly what it was, but seemed to be a guy showing up with a gun. Customers ran for their lives, including me. With merchandise in hand, I was thinking, how would the store stop people from leaving without paying? I stopped in the space between the inner and outer doors. Oh I see, there were security guards. The armed person situation was dissolved and we all went back in. But I was separated with my companion and forgot which TV to buy. Luckily she (?) had marked it in the flyer. However, it was a 48", bigger than the stand we have. But I proceed with the purchase anyway.

Next, pickup. The system was like, you pay upstairs on the main floor where all the displays are, and then go to the basement to pickup the actually merchandise from convener belts like 1/4 size airport luggage carousel set on a table. Somehow my purchase had changed to a Mac and monitor by this time. The monitor was still 48" but it was old style with some thickness. The Mac was huge and heavy like a monitor stand. And then there was a third item which I forgot what... (seemed to be different from the one I picked up on the main floor.) The stuff was not small, so I grabbed 2 shopping carts, which back-fired. I couldn't look after both of them. And I anticipated that I would have trouble loading the stuff onto my car alone. So I asked for help. With the "Mac" in one cart, and the monitor still couldn't be found. I talked to a staff, who in turn brought me to another lower level worker who actually do the dirty job. This salt-and-pepper hair guy looked like a street bum. He probably hadn't shaved for a week and his clothes was dirty and messy. Nonetheless, I tried to communicate to him that one of my heavier item was still on the carousel, but he didn't listen, climbed up a leather, and disappeared into an opening that suppose to lead to the main floor. I was completely lost... and tried to get help from another staff.

Don't remember what happened after that. Probably woke up. This has gotta be related to the heavy old CRT TV sitting in our living room floor waiting for the day some strong arms show up and sent to recycle.

No comments: