Sunday, July 03, 2011

Nigh Market

Woke up by A's message at... 1? Thought he didn't want to see me today "because he had seen me 2 days in a roll already". Sigh... (See? I keep wondering if I should just give up...) Then J called and invited me to the night market. Because we'd meet at my place, I needed to do an emergency cleanup, and thus was late to meet A. We ended up meeting at Long & McQuade on Main because he wanted to pick something up. To his shock, they weren't open. Oh well. We then went to see R and B at their place downtown. Since I had to be home by 5, we only got to stay for 45 minutes. A said he hates the night market, so he declined my invitation. Somehow R persuaded him to go with "$10 unlocking i-phone" booths. I want him to break out of his shell, so I'm glad he agreed to go.

Got home at 5:10. A bit late. But J and M were even later! While waiting for them to arrive, A checked my non-functioning HD dock. Thanks! (Seems like my HD was dead. It wasn't the dock.) To avoid boring him, I let him play with my violin, which worked out well. Then J and M arrived. After a short stay, we went to the night market.

We were there at 6:10 and found a good parking spot on the street. Otherwise their parking costs $5. However, the market opens at 6:30 and we had to wait a little. I wouldn't mind because it gave us time to chat. A was bored. (T_T) He was yawning and making gestures. Sigh... how embarrassing... (T_T) No regrets, though. I'd rather be too early then having to pay for parking.

We looked at some booths on our way to the "food court". Not sure how long it took, but we ate "dinner" there. This is the first time ever that I skip takoyaki at the night market. Instead, I had some BBQ skewers, fried stinky toufu (not stinky at all), and some taiyaki.

Then we looked around at the vendor booths. I got some socks, A got me a glass pendant, thanks! And some angry birds plush for himself, plus an i-pad cover. M got a glass pendent at the same booth as mine, and some nail art stuff. J got some knives. Before we left, we went for another round of snacks. I got some taiyaki to take home for mom. By the time we left, it was around 11.

Thanks J and M for dropping A off. I appreciate it very much! It does look so wrong for the girl to drive the guy home and return alone late at night, doesn't it? It also bugs me a lot that A had never realized it. Am I just your driver? Sigh... (T_T) For all the photo we've taken, it's always me putting my arm around yours. You never ever put your arm around my shoulder. I think that says a lot. Right?

No comments: